Total loss of power whilst driving

newswseller

So my mate bought an imported 350z yesterday (privately) and about an hour into the journey home the car lost all power (steering, brakes, etc) :scare: and all the lights on the dashboard came on, he restarted the car and it was fine straight away. But the same thing just happend today... any ideas?

I'm thinking it could be something to do with the aftermarket immobiliser?

Trying to persuade him to get an autoelectrician to have a look but he's a bit tight lol..

Did it go down to 30mph so you could still drive it?

When you started it up were all the lights up on the dash?

We were slowing down whilst going down a slip road at the time :wacko: so don't know if it was slowing down to 30 or it just cut out, i think he just noticed when he tried to brake :scare:

The lights went off straight away after it was restarted

Exact same think happened to me going from the M25 onto the road to Stanstead!!! 70ish to 30ish with no more power even if you put your foot through the floor is scarey!

It goes in to a Valet Mode so you cant cause major damage to the engine..

Mine was because coolent was low but car hadnt over heated... It can sometimes happen when too much air goes in..

Its not electrical though (Or at least it wasnt on mine!)... More to do with something in the engine bay. Check for air leaks, coolent levels etc

Exact same think happened to me going from the M25 onto the road to Stanstead!!! 70ish to 30ish with no more power even if you put your foot through the floor is scarey!

It goes in to a Valet Mode so you cant cause major damage to the engine..

Mine was because coolent was low but car hadnt over heated... It can sometimes happen when too much air goes in..

Its not electrical though (Or at least it wasnt on mine!)... More to do with something in the engine bay. Check for air leaks, coolent levels etc

Thanks... I'll get him to check out the fluid levels again