Brake warning light problem...abs sensor?

harty

Guys,

I've had my zed laid up for a month or so (trying to sell it), but when I put it back on the road I had a slight braking prblem and then got a dash full of lights - abs, slip indicator, esp and brake warning light.

Took it to main dealer, they cleared down some fault codes and re-tested to find nothing wrong - what they didn't do was drive it, because as soon as I did the lights came back on again.

What I think - before the lights come on you can feel the abs coming on under any sort of braking - and then once the lights are on there's no abs at all. This seems to suggest a wheel speed sensor problem - my issue is ...

WHERE ARE THE SPEED SENSORS???? - I can't see them on the hub so are they on the output shaft of the dif or something??

Don't want to go back to the dealer just yet, as he'll charge me £50 just to hook it up to the diagnostics!!

Any help would be good.

I read the title and thought it was just the brake light, so I figured it might be your brakepads need changing.

But since your whole dash appears to light up, maybe it's something wrong with the ABS control unit.

Of course, it could be something silly, like one of your calipers might have loosen up so when you apply the brakes, it drives the whole system nuts etc. Might worth checking such physical and easy-to-diagnose anomalies, before checking the abs unit.

Guys,

I've had my zed laid up for a month or so (trying to sell it), but when I put it back on the road I had a slight braking prblem and then got a dash full of lights - abs, slip indicator, esp and brake warning light.

Took it to main dealer, they cleared down some fault codes and re-tested to find nothing wrong - what they didn't do was drive it, because as soon as I did the lights came back on again.

What I think - before the lights come on you can feel the abs coming on under any sort of braking - and then once the lights are on there's no abs at all. This seems to suggest a wheel speed sensor problem - my issue is ...

WHERE ARE THE SPEED SENSORS???? - I can't see them on the hub so are they on the output shaft of the dif or something??

Don't want to go back to the dealer just yet, as he'll charge me £50 just to hook it up to the diagnostics!!

Any help would be good.

Think you've posted this in the wrong section :headhurt:

• 5 months later...

I have a similar problem and need SERIOUS help guys.

My speedo hasn't been working for a few months and the ABS warning light and hand brake light are permanently illuminated.

My 350 drives beautifully and there i thought there is definitely nothing wrong with it. I thought it was a slight electrical error.

I took it to the dealer (Wilsons in Epsom) and they say the ABS electrical system needs to be totally replaced. So its going to cost £4,500!!!!!! They said its just a small little box but its needs doing! Otherwise it won't pass the mot!!!

The weird thing is when the speedo stopped working i left it for a couple days then came back it started working again. Then after another week stopped. That was 6 months ago.

The codes they gave me are as follows

Po500 Speed sensor

P1212 ABS

U1001 EPS

I really can't afford 4 and a half grand. Does anyone have any segestions???

My poor baby is sitting unused on the street and me stressed to hell! lol