Anyone successfully installed a UK BOSE stereo in a JDM?

steve3000

As the title really...

For various reasons I want to keep a stock BOSE system in my JDM for the moment, and I'm getting tired of the band-expander method with no RDS and poor tuning on the JDM bose... so just wondering if this has ever been done successfully...

I've done a fair few searches, but can't find anyone saying they've actually got a UK BOSE system working in a JDM... A few say they've done the swap and hit the 'SECURE' display when they install the UK unit... then wonder about getting it decoded and eventually post up that they've gone aftermarket instead...

The problem as I see it is that the UK units are coded to the NATS security system, but JDMs don't have the same secutiry system, so is it even possible to get a decoded UK bose unit to work - or will it throw a fit when it can't find the NATS system?

Anyway, thoughts please?

Steve

you could try the trader on here that repairs them, they may be able to help steve

Top idea :thumbs: I spotted the Clarion repair centre, will post them a line - I'm sure I've seen another trader who sorted out JDM radios too, but can't find any details here...(maybe that was in 'another place')

Steve