Worrying, creaking / rattle

stevie_350z

I noticed that dropping from 3rd / 2nd a high-noted creak / rattle (imagine a fork being pressed at high tension down a metal ribbed device). Then I noticed that setting off "sharpish" did the same. Now I'm hearing it with what seems to be slowing down / speeding up applied to the gearbox (not in very quiet, slow, passive-type driving).

I hear this at low speeds with the window open, but god knows what sound it makes at high speed!

Anybody else noticed this? Mine has just over 8k miles on it... brand new :scare:

I ahve the same rattle, does it happen when you turn the ignition off also?? I took it into the garage and they said it was normal but I'm not happy with that and I drive the car like a tw4t sometimes from first-second and then other times its as smooth as a whistle

I spoke with the dealer and he said it was a "characteristic" of the Z. He said the new 06 does the same thing, as do most of the cars they get through.

Not sure I like my super sexy Z sounding like a lardy rolling around and old sofa as I cruise down the high street :rant:

I have isolated it down to moderate acceleration, then moderate braking / gear slowing :angry:

• 2 weeks later...