Kenwood & Clarion headunits, 6-disc changer, radar detec

steve3000

Hi all,

Below I have for sale some ICE left over after upgrades and a radar/laser speed trap detector - please drop me a line if interested!

ICE

Kenwood KDC-3021 face-off CD/tuner £35

- Includes fitting bracket, iso cable and face storeage box

- Bought late last year, only used for a month before I sold my last car!

- http://www.inest.co.uk/products/Kenwood ... _Tuner.asp

- Manual available here: http://manuals.kenwood.novenaweb.info/l ... 8EN%29.pdf

tn_Kenwood01.jpg

Clarion ADX5655Rz CD/Cassette double-din headunit SOLD

- Excellent condition, includes iso cable, double din facia adaptor & connection cable for the Z

- NOTE: This unit has output suitable for use on a BOSE 350Z without PAC adaptor (was fitted last year for the previous owner and has worked flawlessly since I've had the car)

- Manual available here (search for "ADX5655"): http://www.clarion.com/us/en/support/pr ... index.html

tn_ClarionHU02.jpg

tn_Clarionhu03.jpg

Clarion DCZ628 6-CD changer SOLD

- Includes 6-CD cartridge and 5m cable – suitable for most aftermarket Clarion headunits

- Fitted last year with above headunit, excellent condition

- Details here: http://www.clarionworld.co.uk/stock/cdc655z.asp

tn_Clarionchanger.jpg

Speed trap detector

Silver bullet RX 7500 radar/laser speed trap dector SOLD

- Including all fittings (cig. lighter attachment, alternative battery pack, window and dash mounts)

tn_RadarDector.jpg

Cheers,

Steve

Re: the Radar detector.

Just bought my first Zed :yahoo: and a radar detector may prove very useful ;).

However, I can't find much useful info. on the web for this model.

Is it a UK model?

Does it work well?

How long does it run for when charged?

Oh, and is it still available for sale?

If so, would paypal be ok for payment?

Re: the Radar detector.

Just bought my first Zed :yahoo: and a radar detector may prove very useful ;).

However, I can't find much useful info. on the web for this model.

Is it a UK model?

Does it work well?

How long does it run for when charged?

Oh, and is it still available for sale?

If so, would paypal be ok for payment?

Hi,

I'll tell you what I can. It's a true radar/laser detector (ie. not a GPS device) and works from either 12v cig. lighter or can run from batteries (I've included a long enough cord to reach the Z's lighter socket).

As for it's use - it's quite reasonable outside of town centres and picks up functioning gatso cameras and should pick up speed detector vans/hand held radar/laser guns (can't confirm as I 've not been zapped by one when I had the unit plugged in!) - however, as with all laser/radar dectors it can get a bit confused in heavily built up town centres as it also picks up a lot of shop doors and traffic lights.

For more details, I believe this is the same one:

http://www.bestradardetectors.net/PNI_S ... rx7500.htm

Cheers,

Steve

Could be interested in the Kenwood unit Steve as my BOSE unit has just packed up on my newly purchased Z :-(

Is the price (£35) Inclusive of delivery and I presume by ISO leads you mean it has the relevant connectors to adapt the old ones?

I have the single din facia (bought today) just a hole now where the stereo should be and the bog standard leads from the old one staring at me. Its a Jap car I have also so not sure if that makes a difference.

Nievely got suckered in to am import thinking it was a UK car. Cars and Car Hi-Fi are not my stronger points but im learning (or at least trying too) :wacko:

Thanks in advance for any help...

Regards, Nathan...

The Rador unit is quiet a cool piece of kit, not a clue what all the codes mean, but took it out with me last night, and there was an old bill car at the roundabout where some numpty went into the back of another, and it picked that up, a handy piece of kit me feels :teeth:

Thanks again

:thumbs:

Could be interested in the Kenwood unit Steve as my BOSE unit has just packed up on my newly purchased Z :-(

Is the price (£35) Inclusive of delivery and I presume by ISO leads you mean it has the relevant connectors to adapt the old ones?

Yes, £35 posted for the Kenwood. It has an ISO lead ie. from the unit to a black ISO plug.

To connect it to you Z you'll need a "nissan micra ISO lead" (halfords name) which will go from the Z plugs to an ISO block. Ideally you'll also need a PAC ROEM NIS2 adaptor to ramp down the output from the Kenwood, or any other new headunit you buy, to make it suitable for correct amplification from the BOSE amplifier which is hidden away under the lining of your car boot (although this is not absolutely essential if it's only for temporary use - I ran mine without one for a year... just means you have to leave the radio set to a low volume setting, because the amplifier will boost it a lot!).

Also, don't get worried about having a JDM import, they can be a lot better value for money than UK examples and if you're lucky you'll be on the lower-rate 'PLG' tax band for next year (£185) rather than the £400+ that the UK ones have to pay... I have a JDM too, as do a lot of people on here - loads of info in the JDM forum...

Send me a PM if you're interested in the kenwood, or need any other info.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve as well as putting my mind at ease about the JDM import. Its been secretly eating me up at night but I must admit to absolutely loving the car regardless...!

RE the Stereo, I just want something to get me by in the short term (without spending too much).

The car when I bought it came with the Single Din + an adapter lead from the standard stereo leads (see attached pic's).

Not sure if the lead I have is what is needed? If not (sorry to ask) but what sort of price would I be looking to pay for the correct lead conversion as well as the PAC ROEM NIS2 adapter.

Presumably I would need these things anyway for whatever long term stereo solution I decided upon?

Sorry to ask yet more questions but I really am a car stereo novice I am afraid :blush:

wrjpgfj9.th.jpgthpix.gif

Thanks very much Steve...

I was obviously asking the questions in order to ascertain whether a purchase for the stereo was a goer or not... (is goer even a word) ;-) lol

Im definately very interested though and will get back to you via PM asap...

Thanks again... Nathan...