Tyres

robsrocket

I know its the ago old question but got the car back from its service on tue and they ahve recomended new front tyres. I know they needed doing so though I would take the plunge now before xmas gets here. The fronts are standard bridgstone 225/45/18 91W. I have toyo T1-R's on the back so going to go with the same on the front. I have just had a look at the usuall websites but they are all showing different load index's. If i put the Toyo's on with a 95 index instead of 91 what will be the difference? Also whats the difference between the W & Y speed ratings? If anyone can direct me to the correct tyre it would be a massive help!

Thanks

Rob

Z/Y/W is a multi-speed rating. (Y being the highest I believe which is tested to 168/186 mph)

However, it will make no difference if z/y/w is fitted.

The 95/91 z/y/w is the load index of the tyre. (strength of the sidewall)

I recommend like for like replacement with regards to spec of tyre on the car, but to be honest, putting a set of tyres with a slightly higher l/index won't cause much of a problem. But on my car, I wouldn't up the index just to be on the safe side..

Z/Y/W doesnt matter..