broken windscreen wiper

nicktendo64

hi

i had a bit of a cold morning this morning, windscreen was frozen over, so i got some water on it to clear the windscreen but afterwards i tried the wipers and only the driver side one worked, the other twitched a bit but after driving home in the rain today with 1 wiper going non stop the other one doesnt twitch now :(

i had a quick look at it and the wiper is all floppy but looks like its all intact. its still raining so cant get in there for a good look.

have any of you come across this problem before or have any ideas where i should start looking? or do you know if both wipers are driven by one motor or do they have seperate motors?

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Just the one motor. There's a nut at the end of the wiper arm which holds it onto the mechanism. If this has come off, the arm could be loose as you describe.

Bonnet up and follow the loose arm down to the bottom, there should be a little black cap - remove this with a screw driver and you'll probably see a loose nut - tighten up, and all should be good ... hopefully :thumbs:

Steve