Is Brake LSD the mechnical LSD?

Rentech

Just flicking through the owner’s manual and noticed a few paragraphs on the brake limited slip differential that confused me a bit. It sounds like this is part of the ESP and states that when one of the drive wheels spins the BLSD system brakes the spinning wheel. Is this separate from the mechanical LSD that I thought was fitted? If it is not how do the mechanical LSD and the BLSD work together?

Thanks

Cars with VDC have the brake diff, cars without VDC (Base and Enthusiast) do not have the brake diff. The Base has an open diff and the Enthusiast has the same mechanical parts as the brake diff (the VLSD), but not the electronics (since the electronics of the brake diff are part of the VDC system). The brake diff gets hydraulic pressure from the accumulator.

As far as I understand the brake LSD cannot be disabled by turning off VDC (traction control) with the button on the dash.. it can only be disabled by altering some wiring. Brake LSD is not a "mechanical" LSD but works in parallel with it - to be more correct the LSD in a 350Z isn't mechanical but viscous.