Lambo Doors...

Jacko

Was just about to post this and seen that Astonal posted another modified Z with similiar doors. Sure that someone has already posted something in past.... but just in case.

But I think these look ace. From LSD in Germany but looks like Magnaflow are going to supply them as well. Saw them a few weeks back from a German site as well.

But in my opinion these rock :thumbs: . Especially as you can open them either Lambo style or normal..... I think these have to go on the list for some point.... ah just need to win the lottery now! ;)

What do you think?

LSD are the best lambo door kits you can get.

Pricey though, and unfortunately on our Zs due to the long, heavy and frameless doors they are flimsier than on other cars :dry:

:)

So Val, have you actually seen some in the flesh and tried em mate?

We had a good snoop round the ones on display at donnigton, on the Magnaflow roadster.

The quality of the brackets is not the issue, it is the doors on the Z, that cause the "wobbly effect".

They dont have an inner solid frame apparently, which means when they are suspended in the air like that, they can wobble from side to side quite easily, which puts stresses on the mountings that they shouldnt have to take.

The doors on the Z are very long too, which adds to the effect. Unfortunately they do have to open quite wide as well as go upward, which negates the "practicality" pottential somewhat.

If they went straight up, without having to come out very far at all, they would be quite practical.

For now though, they just ook quite cool!B)

Try here Mike,

They have some wheels here, just difficult to work out if they are exactly the same as the show car (which are lovely!) :

http://www.ctd-germany.com/shops/350z/shop_e/index.php

They do 19" and 20".....

Yes different wheels. So who's are they then :wacko:

Mike I think they are still CTD, as the middle bit is still the same (without the cover) and the rim part looks the same. Just a difference in spoke design.

Probably either old ones they sold or maybe one offs? I'd give them an email...... :)

LSD are the best lambo door kits you can get.

Pricey though, and unfortunately on our Zs due to the long, heavy and frameless doors they are flimsier than on other cars :dry:

:)

So Val, have you actually seen some in the flesh and tried em mate?

yup, just last weekend :) on both the Magnaflow stand and the KW stand. The KW guys had it on different cars, and the rigidity of them changed wildly! (ok on a focus RS, great feeling on a Astra VXR and so/so on a TT )

No rush yet mate. Just wondered whose they were as I like the style. A bit of a long wait before spending that kinda dollar.

Unfortunately I've got a wedding pocket hole. :scare:

I'm supposed to be saving up for a wedding too, but I just leave Debbie to do that! :evil::ninja:B)

No rush yet mate. Just wondered whose they were as I like the style. A bit of a long wait before spending that kinda dollar.

Unfortunately I've got a wedding pocket hole. :scare:

I'm supposed to be saving up for a wedding too, but I just leave Debbie to do that! :evil::ninja:B)

you'll be in the bad books soon enough if you don't start :blush:

Mike, go to the gallery section on the same website to see the other wheels (the standard ones for sale) on their car....

Chris/Val,

Thanks for the info about the Lambo style doors.... I ain't got a wedding to save up for, but I'd have to be sure when spending that sort of cash.... :D