i've been reading up on the zed periodic servicing

I've read through the service manual:

http://metafaq.nissan.co.uk/resources/n ... 190605.pdf

should be 12 months or mileage:

year 1 @ 9,000 miles P1

year 2 @ 19,000 miles P2

year 3 @ 27,000 miles P1

year 4 @ 36,000 miles P3

the car i have seen, is nice all round, but doesn't really follow the above, but the log book is stamped with the following:

registered sept 2004

service:

1st) 9k @ may 05

2nd) 21k @ oct 07

3rd) 30k@ march 08

only the 1st was at nissan and the other 2 at independent garage.

if i got it, i would take it for a proper P3 at the begining of the year, to try and bring it back in line what nissan recommends.

however, there is a lack of paper work, and the only service paper work was the 3rd one which states oil and filter change. the 2nd one titles in log book oil and filter change, like the 3rd. the first i think is stamped with P1 on it.

will this effect future resale value by quite a bit, and is there anything important that might have been missed?

the car sounds and runs good though; and is a deal against mine.

i'm going to ring the numbers in the log book (as the seller has been really good and given me the details etc.), to see if i can get duplicate invoices or more info.

what are your opinions? anything to worry about?

I wouldn't be keen. Its a buyers market at the moment and you don't need to go for something with a dubious history. This is a performance car and needs looking after properly. Plus it will have a significant effect on resale. Walk away and move on. :thumbs:

It wouldn't put me off as long as its at the right price. If you keep it for a few years and then have it serviced at a dealership and build up the paperwork it wouldn't affect resale much at all in my opinion. The car is out of warranty so thats not going to be affected.

I've been looking at 4/5 year old zeds for the last 3 months or so and NONE had perfect service history.

The key is to buy cheap and sell cheap. ;)

it will have only missed out on a coolant and brake fluid change, its nothin that would concern me, as for when to do the p3, then whenever cash allows (what miles has it done since the oil change), it shouldn't affect the mot at all

its not what i would consider a sports car, more of a performance car, its hardly an exige or porsche or ferrari

i agree with sarnie on this :headhurt::lol:

goes without saying really but hpi it, i looked at a TT last week which turned out to be a cat d and the owner said he didnt know

it will have only missed out on a coolant and brake fluid change, its nothin that would concern me, as for when to do the p3, then whenever cash allows (what miles has it done since the oil change), it shouldn't affect the mot at all

its not what i would consider a sports car, more of a performance car, its hardly an exige or porsche or ferrari

Exactly.

Speaking to owners of cars on PH and autotrader, you would not believe how many cars are out there that have either missed services, had them done late (e.g 6 months plus) or massively exceeded the 9k intervals!

It made me feel as though I was an anorak for servicing my zeds on the dot every time :blush: