Rattling Drivers Door

Adriank

Just wondered if anyone else has this, happens when you shut the door, and when playing music (even at low volumes!) like a metal touching metal rattle, quite loud inside the door.

Before i take the door card off and find i need parts or something, wondered if anyone else has had this and what it could be? Tips/advice! thanks

Had this on mine after I had had the window motor replaced!

If you take the door card off and look inside one of the biger holes on the left (drivers door or right on passanger!) you may find you have a peice of rubber / plastic... this is a guard that fixes to the glass and stays "in the door" so you need to clip it to the left hand side of the window (drivers door or right on passanger!) and go up and down till you find the optimum place for it!!

Or it might not be and could be a loose speaker or something....

Have had the door card off, tightened everything, no difference.

It seems to be the shield around the lock mechanism causing the noise. Asked at nissan they said need to take window out, and remove that black plate to get a better look and see, minimum £100 :angry:

Can't really attempt it myself, dont want to get stuck with no window, so looks like im stuckj with a rattle for now :-(

ouch!! The three bolts i was talking of before are the 3 which hold the glass in, if you release them the glass simply slides up and out the top. then you can remove the large panel and inspect the cause of your problem alot easier. I know this through dropping the end of a socket in there and having to strip it all to get it back :lol:

Good luck buddy

• 2 weeks later...

Well since mucking about with the door the rattle is worse and i get wind noise at speeds over 60 odd MPH, GRRR very annoying!

Im guessing that in tightening the bolts i have changed the windows alignment slightly, anyone know which bolts set the windows position, and or will a window reset help in this case?

I need to take the glass out and fix the rattle anyway, so i guess i am best to just wait till i do that?