Wanted - Standard BOSE Amp

NismoDave

There could be an owner nearby that might let you borrow one to test.....

Dont seem to be too many about in this neck of the woods mate :(

To be honest, im getting to the stage where i may just replace the headunit anyway, and bypass the amp completely as the car has already had all its speakers uprated to Alpine units by the previous owner in Japan, and simply live without a Sub. Ive never had a sub on any of my previous cars and it hasnt worried me at all, so it would seem to be the easiest move.

Well, i bit the bullet today and went out and purchased THIS headunit from a local store and will get it fitted during the week keeping the Bose amp and see if the problems are still there. Fingers crossed the issue will be sorted and the old headunit will have been the fault...if not, i guess i'll have to decide whether to bypass the Bose amp completely or replace the amp with an aftermarket item :unsure:

Will post an update when the headunit is fitted.

I had the new headunit installed last night and thankfully it seems to have sorted all the issues i was experiencing, woohoo :D No need to mess around with the amp....for the time being at least.

Big thanks to the boys at AP Motors in Plympton once again for fitting me in so quickly and to Shaun for doing such a sterling job with the fitting, top man B)