A 60k Metro

Beavis

Remember seen Tony Pond in one in the RAC RALLY when i used to be into the group B cars before they were banned. B)

:thumbs: +1 the rac/lombard was brilliant

Those were the days, i remember standing in Clocaenog forest at 4am in the morning, waiting for these fire breathing monsters to arrive. :yawn::scare::lol:

Guest prescience
Remember seen Tony Pond in one in the RAC RALLY when i used to be into the group B cars before they were banned. B)

Those were the days, i remember standing in Cloceanog forest at 4am in the morning, waiting for these fire breathing monsters to arrive. :yawn::scare::lol:

Did you not question, at the time, what you were doing - I mean we all have our dreams without inexpensive expectation of fulfilment :)

Those were the days, i remember standing in Clocaenog forest at 4am in the morning, waiting for these fire breathing monsters to arrive. :yawn::scare::lol:

i was talking to a mate about this the other day, freezing cold, half awake and you could hear popping and banging from turbo's the size of buckets in the distant, the sound of a whistle and dive for cover :thumbs:

good times...

Did you not question, at the time, what you were doing

Yes when i was normally driving back home hardly been able to stay awake. :blush:

But it was just once a year and seemed a good idea at the time. But those were the days. Something crazy about watching a group of mechanics change a gearbox, clutch and turbo on a Peugeot 205 T16 in 8 minutes in the freezing cold. That would take a month today in a warm dealership with the mechanics supplied with a huge amount of tea. :lol:

Guest prescience
Did you not question, at the time, what you were doing

Yes when i was normally driving back home hardly been able to stay awake. :blush:

i need your dedication :lol:

i was talking to a mate about this the other day, freezing cold, half awake and you could hear popping and banging from turbo's the size of buckets in the distant, the sound of a whistle and dive for cover :thumbs:

good times...

Aye, happy days indeed. It was Grizedale for me in snow and despite the cold and the ungodly hour I wouldn't have missed the experience for the world. :teeth:

Spent the whole day following it through the ice and snow and finished up on sheet ice in the dark at Kielder. :cold: