Window problems?

Eumenides

I took a 2006/55 plate 18k mile 350 for a test drive on Sunday and when i got up to 70mph, the passenger window 'dropped' about an inch. The dealer who was with me kept trying to close it, but it was obviously knackered.

Is this a common problem, especially at this low mileage?

I don't know anything about car dealerships, but i was wondering what happens to used cars, arent they supposed to go through rigorous checks before being sold on again or am i being slightly naive? (This car was being sold by a main Nissan dealer)

Cheers all

Eumenides, I remember reading in your Intro post that you were considering an Azure 350z, my local Nissan dealer has one for sale, I was there yesterday and it’s a stunning example, fully loaded too, the spec is:

18'' Rays Forged Alloy Wheels, Birdview Satellite Navigation, 6 CD Autochanger, Air-conditioning, Bose Audio System, Brembo Brakes, Climate Control Air Conditioning, Electric Heated Front Seats, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Front Side and Curtain Airbags, Power Assisted Steering (PAS), Remote Control Keyless Entry, Trip Computer

25,000 Miles

£16,895

They’re due to list photos today, however if you want to see them send me a PM and I’ll ask the dealer to email them to you.

http://www.sturgessgroup.co.uk/usedcars ... &model=911

:thumbs:

I don't know anything about car dealerships, but i was wondering what happens to used cars, arent they supposed to go through rigorous checks before being sold on again or am i being slightly naive? (This car was being sold by a main Nissan dealer)

Cheers all

If you’re buying from a Nissan Approved Garage then the following applies:

From their website...

What does Nissan Approved mean:

Our skilled technicians carry out a comprehensive appraisal of all vehicles, checking condition, including the interior, lighting and electrics, body, safety systems, coachwork and road test. We then verify the vehicle's mileage and history. On vehicle collection we will always supply confirmation of enquiry certificates to show that it has passed these stringent checks in becoming a Nissan Approved vehicle. Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of service throughout ownership of an approved vehicle, from a 30 day exchange promise upon purchase, to integrated warranty and motor assistance packages.

:thumbs:

Whats bad to know is if you get a free 30day wtee and then take out an extended wtee they dont give you the 30 days, so take the 30 days and then take out the extended wtee after it as you will have to pay and excess!

Also, Nissan dealers arnt linked so if you do get an issue then you need to take it to the original purchase dealer if you have an issue...

Saying that I would pay the little bit extra and buy off a dealer again!