Petrol flap

speedball

Just picked up my 350 yesterday but gave it is first clean, vacuum, clean, wax, rub, vacuum and final wipe

Noticed that the petrol flap doesn't sit very flush with the rear arch and upon closer inspection to photos on the website, it doens't look like others do too, is this a common thing or has someone walked into mine hwen open??? :angry:

Maybe all the polish went to my head (I really stink and I've had a change of clothes) - but no its not he cord, its the actual flap shape itself, I'ma perfectionist, so maybe I should just shut up :headhurt:

Yes I know, it's the cord that causes the flap 2 be out of position,,,in my case anyway....

Mines not flush fitting either - looks like its not quite curved to the right shape.. I think its fairly common.

Dare I mention that in the right light it looks a different colour too... :blush:

Just sit in it and drive it round the block, all those niggles dissappear! :teeth:

Mines not flush fitting either - looks like its not quite curved to the right shape.. I think its fairly common.

Dare I mention that in the right light it looks a different colour too... :blush:

Just sit in it and drive it round the block, all those niggles dissappear! :teeth:

Yeah mine is exactly the same, one of those things that I didn't notice before accepting the car (in all the excitement). But its not too bad so will wait till next service and try and make the dealer change it, but I can live with it..... for now :)

I wish there was I brushed steel replacment one and a bit more fancy looking. Like the TT one.

Yeah I've seen a Nismo one that fits as a replacement or over the plastic filler inside, but never a full flap....

Would look nice though if done right! :thumbs: