A winge and a steering problem!

kinch180

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody here could offer me some advice.

Since purchaseing my 350z in September 2007 the following have gone wrong to date:

- oxygen sensors

- new clutch (two months after purchasing the 350 from a dealer!)

- boot struts

- Bose Stereo (was out of my car for 6 weeks with no temporary replacement) and

- steering rack

I know from research done prior to buying the car that 350z's were pretty much problem free, however I have had problem after problem! :rant:

I'm tempted to ask the nissan dealer to swap it for another 350z of equivalent value. I shouldn't have this many things go wrong in less than a year.

Anyway, nissan box have put a brand new steering rack in the car (£1100 including labour rates) but the vibrations on full lock are still there. The guy at the dealer said they did the same with another 350z on the court yard and said it had the same vibrations, its the case with all 350z's he told me. Is this the case with everybody else?

Any help on the whole situation would be really useful.

Thanks in advance.

hi mate id say your best bet is to get in contact with consumer direct. they are very help full and will guide you through your best options step by step they also have all the templates of the letters you need to send. but just give them a ring and they will explain eveything to you really helpful in my opinion

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

firstly is your Z brand new or second hand and how many miles has it done.

You should still have warranty on the Z so steering rack, boot struts, stereo and oxygen sensors should be covered.

Clutch sound very iffy, I would be arguing that one but it is down to driving style and a difficult one to proove.

Did you test drive the other 350z, Ihave to say I've not noticed any vibration on mine. Try another dealer and test drive there Z's for the same issue.

Thanks for the advice.

The car is second hand, was sold with extended nissan warranty with 27,000 miles, so yes the work was covered apart from the clutch, however thats not the point. All the money I have spent on taxis to and from the garage, and my job requires traveling to clients which has been a complete pain as the dealer said every time that there is a 2 week waiting list for a courtesey car.

I have taken out a warranty with warranty direct as nissan were asking £700 for their one.

I just feel I shouldn't have this many problems and most of the time I'm up and down the M4 so it only occasionally gets a thrashing so wear and tear should be at a minimum.

To Carl who suggested consumer direct, whatdo think my options are then? Would a swap for similar age/milage be reasonable to ask do you think?

Cheers again.

I understand your problems and agree that you are having excessive issues. Have you spoken to Nissan GB out of interest regarding your additional costs.

Some members would say that if a car has done your mileage and some of it hard then it could well be due a new clutch. It has happened before. Unfortunately warranty doesn't cover it but I would at least try to get parts or labour paid for as a good will gesture.