maintenance i.e. clutch, cambelt?

p1tse

read the Evo magazine, and it mentioned clutches may need replacing at 40k miles, is that true?

also does the zed have cambelt which needs changing.

other than that any other expenses when the car gets older?

No cambelt.

Average on clutch we have found around 50-55k miles, clutch kit is £250 plus fitting £300.

No major expenses as such very reliable car.

thanks, so budget on £600 for complete fitting of clutch if looking at early model zeds then

Clutch wear does vary from driver to driver, longest we have seen is 72k miles on original unit.

The standard clutch is actually very strong, unusual for most manufacturers.

Just a pointer, if you do feel the clutch slipping stop using the car as once this happens the clutch goes very quickly and damages the flywheel which adds another £350 to the cost.

I was just about to ask about a clutch flywheel problem... I know my flywheel needs doing just waiting till the clutch goes, previous owner did it no me!

I heard it was best to match clutch and flywheel from same company is this true? Also read people saying not to put a lightened flywheel on the Z'd due to something or other lol

I was just about to ask about a clutch flywheel problem... I know my flywheel needs doing just waiting till the clutch goes, previous owner did it no me!

I heard it was best to match clutch and flywheel from same company is this true? Also read people saying not to put a lightened flywheel on the Z'd due to something or other lol

general rule is to match components wherever possible.

Lightened flywheel helps engine rev more freely but can result in more noise due to the reduction in mass, the dual mass standard flywheel helps dampen transmission noise.

we have one customer with an 04 track, 114k miles on the original clutch - he does about 10 track days a year too! It really comes down to luck of the draw, coupled with driver skill. On my original engine, we took it out with approximately 52k miles on the clock. Sold the engine, complete with clutch and flywheel to a local custoer who had blown his motor (Turbonetics kit, but he never had it properly tuned). 24k miles later, it's still in his car (thankfully, he had it tuned properly now!)

general rule is to match components wherever possible.

Lightened flywheel helps engine rev more freely but can result in more noise due to the reduction in mass, the dual mass standard flywheel helps dampen transmission noise.

Ah ha B) So how much for a clutch and paired dual mass flywheel and how much for a clutch and paired lightened flywheel?? I can get fitted cheap by my mate so just parts for me, plus your at least 2 tanks of fuel from my house :lol: