bose radio expander

shaffos

I have fitted a radio expander (two to be exact) to the antena amplifier but I still cannot get the radio to go further than 90(radio 2) am I doing something wrong or does the radio need adjusting in some way

My import was the same ,just junked the head unit in the end..and replaced with a Sony item..The Bose units arent very good anyway :thumbs: Hello by the Way :D

Hi Shaffos and :welcome:

There has been mixed reprts with radio frequency shifters. Some have had it work, some not and I don't know why. Doesn't help me not having a JDM unit either. Some more people will be along to advise. Personally I think the Bose Head Unit is OK. But then I have the Sub Woofer which may help the overall sound.

they dont expand the frequencies - ie you still cant go past 90 on FM,

what it does is shift all the radio staions above 90 to below 90 - it works something like this - you have to take away 20 so Kiss 102 becomes 82.

dont quote me on the 20, it may be 22 or 24.

they dont expand the frequencies - ie you still cant go past 90 on FM,

what it does is shift all the radio staions above 90 to below 90 - it works something like this - you have to take away 20 so Kiss 102 becomes 82.

dont quote me on the 20, it may be 22 or 24.

yes I knew that ,but I tried 3 different band expanders on mine and nothing worked :rant:

I know they probably work OK on some systems but not on mine and several other people I know :thumbdown:

with how cheap head units are nowdays its not much more to band a new unit in :thumbs:

Going with Lomoto on this one - those radio expanders are pants!! I've gone down the route of binning the Bose head unit from my JDM import and just bought a second hand head unit - can't be ar*ed with the agro anymore!!!!

Going with Lomoto on this one - those radio expanders are pants!! I've gone down the route of binning the Bose head unit from my JDM import and just bought a second hand head unit - can't be ar*ed with the agro anymore!!!!

wise choice