Servicing Aberdeen

Johnny A

Z just turned a year old and is due its first (P1) service. Any recommendations for servicing in the Abz area?

I don't want to put the warranty at risk so I guess it has to be a main dealer which would be Evans Halshaw in the Lang Stracht. Any thoughts on them?

Thanks for your thoughts mate; you're not the only person to have had bad experiences there from asking around at work, but I'm pretty much stuffed by the warranty.

According to their website they appear to have two showrooms that do Nissan; one at Lang Stracht and the other at Craigshaw Drive.

Evans Halshaw are pish.

I believe that as long as the book is stamped up and al genuine parts are used then you can take it anywhere.....

Japerformance are meant to be good but they are shut at the Mo as Simon is back offshore.

I service it with my mate but he's chocabloc and can't fit me in at the moment!

My advice is put it somewhere you trust!

OK, here's the latest!

Eventually reluctantly contacted EH who had failed to return two of my calls. Appears to be a call centre in England that deals with their service bookings and the best they could do was early October - i.e. over a month after the due service date! I asked if this had warranty implications; they said they'd check and call back - no call.

I then called Nissan GB direct who were a bit non-commital; might do, might not, better to use another dealer to be on the safe side and here's some numbers to call. After commenting that I was far from happy with EH :angry: , I checked out some of the suggestions and opted for Mackie Motors in Arbroath who seem to have a good reputation (including a good ref on the Forum).

In complete contrast to EH, they couldn't have been more helpful when I called :thumbs: and I'm booked in for next week. They told me that they had a lot of customers taking time off work and travelling from Abz for servicing. Can't imagine why..... :dry:

I did think of the decent independent route (such as Carden or Japerformance as suggested) and, as Stew said, this should be OK per the EC Block Exemption legislation provided that the independent is VAT registered, sticks to the manufacturer service schedule, uses original parts only, and stamps up the service book. However, just to be on the safe side, I've decided to stick with main dealers until the warranty is up.

EH are a complete waste of the air we breath. They treated me like some sort of joyrider when I went up to see them about a 350Z. Didn't have a demo so told me to call a number and one would be sent up, did a trade in report on my 55 plate CTR and still asked d1ck head questions like "Are you sure you could afford the insurance etc". So they send a Z up, and I get a call from Nissan asking if I'm going to buy the car and that was I aware the car had been sent up under the impression I was purchasing it!! Eh?! Told them due to the service I received I would be taking my business elsewhere and hung up. Continued to get grumpy voicemails from the sales manager over the weekend.

Reckon you've dodged a bullet there Johnny.

I'll let you know how I get on at Mackies but first impressions on the phone were very good - polite, helpful, happy to do my car first in the day if I'm there sharp so I can get back up the road, happy to talk about which oil etc and offered me a price before I'd even asked. Thoughts on EH unprintable :rant: Good advice from you guys.

By the way, an email was doing the rounds yesterday with photos of Abz's first Bugatti Veyron being unloaded off a lorry in what looked to me like the Woodlands development although some folk thought it could be Kepplestone.

It is Tom Hunter. The entrepreneur of Sports shops such as Sprots Division etc.

Stewart Milne is too tight!

Hope Arbroath is better than EH. They are a shower of sh**es.

So when we having an ABZ meet????

Nope, it's a guy called Jamie Oag who punted an oil service company recently - see following EE article:

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/831674

Took the Z down to Arbroath today for its P1. Mackies were great. Friendly, helpful, ran me into town, picked me up later and car was washed and hoovered. :thumbs: Have to go back to get two Nissan manufacturer recalls done under warranty when the parts come in (slave cylinder and can't remember the other one), but only an hour down the road so no big deal. Thet also confirmed that they have a LOT of Abz based Nissan customers...... :lol:

EH.... 'nuff said. :rant:

Not surprised. I'll arrange my sister to get her squishi or cash cow or quashai thingy done there.

I do that run (down the coast) on my bike sometimes. Quite nice.

You can also go for an arbroath Smoky while you wait! :teeth:

I've fancied them a few times and driven down the coast to buy them and driven home again.

They aren't genuine if they are not smoked within so many miles of Arbroath! There is a count order or something that you have to stick to! :teeth: