Nissan Parts department

SAFC99

Find a friendly workshop, pop it up on a hoist, clickity click with your camera.

There's usually as Phil points out quite a visual difference. I replaced one of my Z's axle assemblies earlier this year, and it's still patently obvious which one is the new one.

Anyone have an ideah how to check what parts a dealership have ordered for repair work, as i have supposedly had some work done but the car is still the same as though they havent done the work and still charged me for it.

SAFC99,

This might help. Find below a photo of an old CV joint on the left and a new joint on the right from when I did the work recently. As you can see the new joint has some "hot work" marks that circle the casing. This is the new uprated joint and should be what you can see if the work has been carried out as stated. Its worth a look underneath with a torch. You might need a wire brush to remove the road crud that may cover the joint.

DSCF0020.jpg

Craig.