Window Motor

clark354uk

Hi,

I am having trouble with my window dropping slightly when I hit around 70 mph, my local garage keep adjusting the settings on it however, I feel that the motor needs replacing. Has anyone had any similar problems regarding this?

It is out of warranty now but I first reported the problem when it was still covered, I have threatened to sue the garage if they don't sort it out.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have just heard from Camden Nissan (Northampton), once again they cannot find anything wrong with the window. I have mentioned that it was first highlighted under warranty but they are trying to charge me for any work!!

I have had trouble with this garage every time I have had my car in there.

I have spoken to Nissan GB, they don't really want to know. Nissan have said that they will reduce the price of repair as a good will gesture (around 10%), however this was reported whilst under warranty and they said nothing was wrong with it then. At the same time they also serviced my car, I had to take it back 400 miles later as the brake light warning kept coming on, there was no fluid in the brake system, when I pointed it out to them that they had just recently serviced it, they told me it was down to my excessive braking!!

Another time they scratched one of my alloys and tried to deny it, the list goes on!!

Guest prescience

The issue is a well-known fault which has been around for a long time - all dealers should be aware.

Type

+window +drop

into the search feature on the forum and you can see where it has come up before. print off a few examples and keep on at the same dealer for now as you reported it there under warranty

How about printing out some of the many tech docs of 350z-tech.com or my350z.com and shove that under their noses.

I agree with Digsy, having been through the wringer with my little darling, if the problems were made known whilst still under warranty, surely they should honour that.

Is there any reference to said issues on any of your previous invoices etc during the warranty period????

Guest prescience
How about printing out some of the many tech docs of 350z-tech.com or my350z.com and shove that under their noses.

I agree with Digsy, having been through the wringer with my little darling, if the problems were made known whilst still under warranty, surely they should honour that.

Is there any reference to said issues on any of your previous invoices etc during the warranty period????

His invisible influence is everywhere - even on threads where no posting has occurred, his 'PSI' power can be felt heartwarmingly and to the benefit of all :p:lol:

[His invisible influence is everywhere - even on threads where no posting has occurred, his 'PSI' power can be felt heartwarmingly and to the benefit of all :p:lol:

Lol, quite right, got distracted half way through. Sorry I meant Mike. ;)

[His invisible influence is everywhere - even on threads where no posting has occurred, his 'PSI' power can be felt heartwarmingly and to the benefit of all :p:lol:

:lol:

You can edit your post ;)

:lol:

You can edit your post ;)

Haha, I know, but it was all a bit late. Must have be hanging around here too much, the testosterone is wearing off, could only cope with one thing at a time. :p:p:lol::lol:

If you reported at the time of the service, they should have written it on the service document as something to check. If the date of that document is in the warranty period, you should be able to claim under the warranty. Have you got that bit of paper from the service?

I havent got anything written down from the service, they are saying that it is all on their computer, and Nissan would be aware of any work done.

They said at the time that they couldn't find anything wrong with the motor however, when they were approached by Nissan, the garage told them that they had reset it.

I have just heard back from the garage, they are saying that Nissan will not offer any goodwill towards the motor as their 'technicians' cannot find the fault, they suggested that I take one of their numpties out in it to show him!! They have quoted £234 to replace the motor including labour, this price does not seem right as I believe the motor is nearer £500 inc VAT, I am assuming that they are going to try a reset again? I asked for the price as, I am going to haul them into court now, I have had enough, it has really put me off having another Nissan now.