Nismo Grounding Kit Fitting

prometheus

Do these things really work/make a difference?

from what i have read it varies mate, depending on how well your car is earthed at that factory

i was always very sceptical and was def NOT going to buy one !!

then i saw one 2nd hand at a good price :headhurt: it def worked for me, much much smoother when moving slowly and on tickover and better mpg

all it does is increase the earthing/grounding on the car which then in turn allows for cleaner signals from the components to the ecu, so that it gets better signals and responds quicker and more efficiently

HTH

Paul

from what i have read it varies mate, depending on how well your car is earthed at that factory

then i saw one 2nd hand at a good price :headhurt: it def worked for me, much much smoother when moving slowly and on tickover and better mpg

all it does is increase the earthing/grounding on the car which then in turn allows for cleaner signals from the components to the ecu, so that it gets better signals and responds quicker and more efficiently

HTH

Paul

Thanks Gix, I had a look at the website, and I guess for the money, it's a cheap enough mod, that can't do any harm. I suppose at the very least, with some nicely coloured cable covers, it'll look bling in the engine bay :D

HTH

Paul

Thanks Gix, I had a look at the website, and I guess for the money, it's a cheap enough mod, that can't do any harm. I suppose at the very least, with some nicely coloured cable covers, it'll look bling in the engine bay :D

agree on that one mate :thumbs:

Guys after alot of head scratching and help from a mate I eventually got it installed, well had to work out exactly which cable went where as the guide posted earlier was for a kit that had 5 seperate cables, the Nismo one I got has 5 cables but some are already joined to one connector.

Have a look and tell me what you think....

IMG_0424.jpg

The engine will move under acceleration but as both points of the cable are attached to the engine then surely both will move together?

must be the pic mate, it looks as though the cable from the battery runs to the front of the engine :thumbs:

i'll see if i can find a pic of kevs car with it fitted :thumbs:

Yea it does but plenty of slack on it. The only slightly tight one is the one from beside the MAF to the front of the engine.

B) mate, its hard to tell from the pic and didnt want it to cause you any probs :thumbs:

i found this pic of kev's supra, i know it doesn't relate but :teeth:

dsc02261.jpg

ps. have you driven it yet ? feel any difference ?