Hi all,

Thought that it was time I joined a 350z something.

Had my GT4 since last August - fantastic grin factor - but considering the APS upgrade.

I am intersted to see what's in the forums and peoples input on the upgrade - where done etc.

Piccie attached

:welcome: bob!

nice Nismo kit you have there!

APS kit is imo at the moment the best TT conversion for the Z, BUT it's getting a bit too common in the UK (basically everyone who has a TT has an APS kit). This is also due to the fact that there is NO alternative in the UK at the moment. Tuners are simply playing it safe and are not interested atm to "invest" in other valid kits out there.

Also, since there is no alternative, prices are kept artificially high ( i know of a person who had his kit bought and fitted for £5k , surely the company who did it STILL hasn't lost any money? ;) ) If you go down the normal route, you are looking at over £8,5k which is ludicrous, when in the US these prices are basically in dollars...

In UK we need some proper competition, to make prices get to an acceptable level...

Guest prescience

JWT TT will be an alternative and it is a faster spooling more torquey option to boot (ridiculous numbers on a built motor - 580-600 ftlbs).

Just couldn't justify being the guinea pig in February - $22k (built motor, JWT TT, UK visit)... thought about it for quite a while .. just invested too much moolah in the car already

Hi Guys,

Glad I joined the other day - my knowledge is already about 10,000% more than before B)

You buy a special car and think that because this is the UK and not USA then no-one has upgraded it much.

I don't want to risk an engine blow on a 6 month old car so I may stay safe with tried and trusted.

I noticed thata most people added the APS upgrade but not much else - so I am assuming thata flywheel, exhause etc will make a difference as well.

I will absorb the forums.

Many thanks

Bob

Bob, the problem with the 350z is any performance mods made to car are cancelled out by the ECU over a period of time. I'm not sure what is done with the ECU when SC or TT is installed but Dorian(prescience) may advise you on that part. If you are thinking of some other performance mods then you would need to consider something like the UTEC which basically prevents this from happening. :wacko:

see this link for more info. :headhurt:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=797

all FI kits have some sorts of piggyback solution (Unichip, Splitsec etc) so the ECU is not an issue anymore, but the UTEC is still better than the current Unichip FI piggyback anyway.

Basically my advice, both cost effective and "unique" would be to buy a "tuner" package for a FI kit then add your EMS, fuel injectors etc and make it unique :)

Guest prescience

Agree with the above - but the fuel system is also of key importance, the injectors only being the delivery part. The stock fuel pump/injector set-up will almost never flow enough fuel for FI.

The Vortech has an auxiliary pump and others such as APS run an in-tank Walbro 255 (l/hr) hi-flow stock replacement and higher capacity injectors