Dangerously lost all power on motorway - Battery/Alternator?

Vertakill

Ohhh god here we go again... :)

Left the car running for about 30 mins after we got it started yesterday. The battery only got to around 13.5 volts and wouldn't go any higher. So turned it off, gave it a quick wash and when I was finished I was going to go drive it around a bit to get the battery up as much as possible, but my mother had opened one of the doors for a few mins and the courtesy light + beeping (to tell you your door is open) was going off. Car wouldnt start, battery was at about 9volts. Jumped it again and took it for a drive, got it to about 14volts and then left it home.

Went to go into work this morning and I was thinking this may or may not work.. and it didn't. Battery is down around the 9volt mark again. Since Monday, the battery has been killed twice or three times so I'm not overly surprised.

Any battery spec requirements I should look into for a replacement? I only know about if it fits and it's the correct power outage.

you need a new battery mate, sounds like its just dropped a cell and is not holding a charge. Not a big deal, happened on my car about a year and a half ago once I hit ~40k miles (my car is an early 04, got it September 03). My advice - just buy one from the dealership, they are quite inexpensive (about $65 US here).