decat

TT Convert

can somebody please explain to me what decat mean exactly as Im new to all this. And I know how to drive and thats about it

All cars are fitted with catalytic converters as standard to reduce pollution. Their design also reduces noise and flow from the exhaust. Removing them (decat) increases the noise and should increase flow and therefore power. On the Zed however the ECU dials back any power increases. The downsides to decatting are the fact that it will not pass an MOT, may throw up warning lights on your dash and seem to result in a significant loss of torque.

High flow cats can be bought to replace the standard items which improve flow, increase sound but don't have the detrimental effects mentioned above.

HTH :)

i have high flow cats.. if u want to fit some..make sure u buy from good trader (not cheap ones from US Ebay.com cos they dont fit right)

IF u have an imported Z the ECU will not cancel out any gains ..only the UK cars ECU's do that.

My hi flow cats makes the car sound amazing...100% better than standard. But i lose some low down torque.. but dont care too much, i love the sound and wont fail any MOTS.

U shud only de cat when u have TT or supercharger ( and at MOT time u will need to fit the original cats back on for the test.. v annoying).

i have high flow cats.. if u want to fit some..make sure u buy from good trader (not cheap ones from US Ebay.com cos they dont fit right)

IF u have an imported Z the ECU will not cancel out any gains ..only the UK cars ECU's do that.

My hi flow cats makes the car sound amazing...100% better than standard. But i lose some low down torque.. but dont care too much, i love the sound and wont fail any MOTS.

U shud only de cat when u have TT or supercharger ( and at MOT time u will need to fit the original cats back on for the test.. v annoying).

Only early JDMs had the ECU that doesn't cancel out gains - not all. :)

Upside to decats is the noise.

Downsides are loss of torque (30ish ft/lb in my case), Possible MOT failiure, Probable CEL.

Makes an amazing noise though. My car would sound soooo much better with them on now :dry:

OMG U GUYS MADE MY DAY

imported zeds dotn cancel out gain?? :p so my 03 plate should be gaining a lil with my full system/decat/induction? :p

Yep thats right, same as my 03 import :teeth:

TT convert - always go for exhuast first then high flow cats.. my nismo exhaust and hi flows are vv loud..some might not like it.