Fitting Exhaust and Insurance Question

ab20000

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has attempted to fit their own aftermarket exhaust and how easy it was? I'll probably just be working on jacks / axel stands only unless I can get on a ramp at a friends garage (doubtfull though). Any hints / tips welcome.

Also is an aftermarket exhaust something the insurance company needs to know about? They seem to want an extra £80 for an induction kit.

Thanks,

I fitted my DC Sports exhaust with a mechanic mate. Was pretty straight forward.

Getting the old one off wasn't too bad as the bolts weren't too bad. We still cut them off though!

We did it on another mates ramp which made things easier!

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has attempted to fit their own aftermarket exhaust and how easy it was? I'll probably just be working on jacks / axel stands only unless I can get on a ramp at a friends garage (doubtfull though). Any hints / tips welcome.

Also is an aftermarket exhaust something the insurance company needs to know about? They seem to want an extra £80 for an induction kit.

Thanks,

Yeah you do need to let them know! You could always not bother and if anything happened where you needed to claim then you could swap them. That is providing if you did crash it wasn't a write off as might look a tad odd if a crushed car had an immaculate standard exhaust on it! :lol:

Yeah will defo declare it - not taking any chances. Got (what I thought) was a great quote but they charge for any mod so not looking quite so good now.

This is why you need to be very careful when you pick your insurer at the beginning of the policy... cheapest isn't necessarily the best!