Brake Pads

greido

My front and rear brake pads need to be replaced, what are the best pads to go for? – I’m planning on doing a few track days but nothing too mental. Was thinking of getting some Mintex Fast Road pads or would I be best sticking with standard Nissan pads?

The car has 18 months warranty remaining, would this be affected by the non-Nissan pads?

I’ve been quoted £282 inc VAT to have the fronts and backs supplied and fitted by Nissan, how does this compare to what you guys have paid in the past?

For the pads alone, I’ve been quoted £200 inc. VAT from Nissan.

I’m gonna need a couple of rear tyres soon too, is there anywhere you know of that I can get a bit of a deal on these?

I’d appreciate your thoughts on the above.

Thanks,

G

A few traders on here who can do decent deals on pads. BigPhil sells at a good rate from experience, PM him.

Also for tyres, check out

http://www.camskill.co.uk/ - very cheap

http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/ - good service and fit them on your drive for you

And you might want to consider getting Toyo's or Falkens instead of Bridestones. I've got Falkens and they have much better grip than the Bridgestones :thumbs:

PM big phil........ *autoreply*

There are a few options available and £200 should see a full set of quality pads. See what is recommended for trackdays, performance friction, endless etc all do suitable pads.

Same for tyres, I have Toyos and they perform well however I've never been on the track with the Zed so not sure what a good tyre is.

I called Phil Monday to order some EBC redstuff pads, but he had none in stock but he said I could have the Endless VN set for the same price (£50 for rears only). They arrived today - cheers Phil!

ps - I forgot to pay so sent by paypal this morning ;)