Headunit - Import

relentless

Hi,

The headunit on my 02 import doesnt come on at all - its as dead as a dodo. Ive checked fuses in the foot well and they all seem ok - can anyone clarify which one id need to check?

The headunit is a fancy Sony Satnav thing, with minidisk, DVD, hdd, shame it bloody doesnt even come on! Guess its useless anyway as it Japanese version - can anyone verify that? Its a Sony NVX-Z555.

How can i easily check if its the car or the headunit at fault?

Anyway, ive actually taken it out now and was thinking of a replacement. Its a 24pin plug....is this standard or would i need an adaptor of some sort to plug into a new headunit, or will i need to cut the wires a solder on and new loom?

any help appreciated!

thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, some pictures of the plug might help.

Sounds like the unit itself is dead, but check the cables in the plug have power where they should with a circuit tester.

Moved to ICE section :)

sounds very similar to what was in mine when I got it. It had a full multi media unit by Sony - DVD, CD, Sat Nav and TV - the CD worked fine, the DVD would have only played DVD's from Japan and the sat nav worked fine as long as you wanted to drive around Japan. I took the whole lot out and put an alpine ipod unit in.

You need a nissan micra harness - i got mine off ebay - don't bother with halfords - even the universal Nissan one was no good. If you do a search on here you'll find the correct code etc - I don't remember it off the top of my head.

thanks, ill dig out my circuit tester and see if the plug is live.

Ive attached a pic of the the socket on the stereo if that helps. Its says "24P connector" by it.

2 rows of 12 pins, all in a straight line.

Is is still the Micra loom i need?

cheers

Mark

cheers,

dont think thats the one though - ive looked at both ends of that lead and the "female" end isnt right. It needs to take 24 pins in 2 rows of 12 - guess the plug in the car has already been changed by the looks of it. Ill keep looking!

thanks

Mark