JWT Clutch & flywheel review....

djtimo

Hi guys just giving you an update on my car after the clutch sarga! lol.

After finding i had to drop the gear box off the car to fix the problem. ( a £7.12 pivot that broke!!!!!!!!!) I turned this bad situation around decided to go for a clutch and flywheel upgrade at the same time.

I had been looking into the clutch and flywheel combos for a while and narrowed it down to the JWT combo or the ACT pro steet and billet flywheel.

After a few phone calls I went for the JWT set up from Kev @ envy performance. Clutch combo came next day in the post and was packed very well!

The gear was fitted at Middlehurt motorsport nissan dealers in st. Helens near to me. Great service from these guys as Bob from RJN posted the slave cyclinder i needed direct to andy the owner of middlehurst motorsport as there long term mates!

Right. I was worried that this combo would chatter and sound like a cement mixer. First time i started it NO noise at all! This was from cold though and car was on high 1500 RPM idle.

The clutch pedel is MUCH lighter than the stock 2003 clutch i had. Before when i was looking it to the clutch combo's i did not like the idea of a lighter cluch pedel as i like the beefy clutch in my 03!

But now after 100mile with it i MUCH prefer the lighter action! (helps with banzai style gear changes!! haha) I have the SS clutch line ,Motul RFB 600 fluid and new slave cylinder and this set up is SOOOOOOOOOOO smooth! The gear change feel more precise and smoother after the adjustments made to the gear selector after the box was out.

The clutch engages at the bottom of the pedel travel which is differnt to my old cluch as the engament was much higher.

The cluch its self bits much harder than the old stock clutch and is a little harder to drive as its harder to slip it off the line.

The flywheel is half the weight of the stock (14.2 lb vs. 32 lb ) and lets the car revs MUCH faster! The first thing i noticed was when the car starts from cold it revs to 2500RPM and lets out a great little bark! Revs drops to around 1500 but move around as the car gets used to the low weight flywheel.

On the road the Clutch and flywheel do make some noise below 2k rpm but its not bad as my girlfreind did not notice till i asked her to listen out for it!

The car feels much more eager to rev and make the whole car feel much lighter on it feet!

Im still breaking the clutch in, im at 120 miles out of 500 im doing to get the clutch broken in properly. So im not doing standing starts or reving much over 3K rpm in any gear! (very hard as all i want to do is go for a blast and try it out! lol...)

To some it up guys its a great upgrade for the car and make the whole driving experence much better!

Just a few pics i snapped before it went into the ar never to be seen again! lol..

_DSC0241.jpg

_DSC0247.jpg

_DSC0249.jpg

I'm getting an Act combo pretty soon.

Regarding breaking in the new clutch, 500 miles not above 3k and no hard standing starts is all it takes?

Anyway, have fun with the new setup and let us know after 500 miles how it behaves!