X-Pel Paint Protection

polarbear

Thought I'd wait until the car had been through a winter and 10,000 miles before posting this. I had the X-Pel paint protection film applied to the bumper and mirrors of my '55 Z. It wasn't cheap at £370 but I don't have single mark or stone chip on the protected areas. It comes with a 4 year warranty against fading or peeling. Apparently it can also be easily removed by the installers.

The coating is almost impossible to spot under normal circumstances. I really recommend this product for high mileage use. I only wish I'd had the leading edge of the bonnet done as I've picked up a couple of nasty dings that I think the coating would have avoided. Repair was quoted at £300 so that would have more than paid to cover the offending areas.

Contact details are Auto Asylum in Maidenhead http://www.autoasylum.co.uk

:thumbs:

HI yes they are one of our dealers, XPEL is the name of the "mothership" in the US which is why our website redirects to www.xpeleu.com :)

Same products, although the European modified product cannot be obtained from the US so be very careful when tempted to buy a PPF product on line as it may not fit over here on many cars :)

We redesign shapes here to fit the subtle (and not so subtle) differences between US and Euro specs.

The same is true incidentally of any internet kit from any manufacturer in the industry :)

Pleased you are happy with their work though

Cheers

Tom