Speedometer question

Demetri

Hi I have changed my existing KPH dials to MPH dials - only because I wanted the accuracy and look of the MPH dial. When connected this up and driving the car - it like shows I am doing 50MPH but really it should show I am doing 80MPH or there abouts. Does this have someting to do with the calibration when going through SVA? There must be a speedometer converter located somewhere does anyone know where it is ? thanks for taking the time to read this and if anyone can help that would be great

The speed converter is located behind the speedo assy itself , it is a small matchbox sized item with about 5 wires running from it (from memory) this will have to be disconnected to obtain correct reading..

also beware, some of the original wiring is cut to put the converter in place and will have to be bridged :thumbs:

Ok thanks so these wires that may need to be bridged how will I know which ones they are? thanks so much for your help

It will be obvious once you find the box ;)

sorry I cant be more help as it quite a while since I had my speedo done :)

One more question, now that I have changed the speedometer, when I take off the converter box will this affect the actual mileage? will it add km or miles onto the digital dial?

no it will clock up in MPH if you have a MPH speedo, if you put back your KPH speedo without the converter it will clock up in KPH :)