Tapping sound at idle

The Don

Pulled up last night and with the warm weather I had the window down for a change. I know 350Zs make all sorts of noises but this one was new - a rhythmical tapping at about 4 or 5 taps per sec from somewhere under the bonnet. Only audible at warm tickover and as soon as you put any more revs on you can't hear it any more.

Left it until this morning and it seems to be coming from the top of the passenger side engine bank. Taking the oil cap off and getting my earhole in there it sounds like its in there with the camshafts. Could it be a worn cam lobe or follower/shim? What confuses me is that it seems to have appeared all of a sudden, not gradually. Plus, the engine's only got 27000 on it.

Isn't it just typical that my warranty expired last Monday :angry:

Any thoughts or advice?

Looks like it might be this that's doing it. The passenger side damper is tapping away in time with the noise, but the driver side one isn't vibrating much at all.

That TSB note refers to the other side but I suppose the same fault could happen to either damper.

Now where's the best place to get hold of a new passenger side fuel damper?