Running lean at some points on idle, once its hot. No codes.

celiabaker

Hi all,

Took my 350z for MOT and asked the chap on monitor the C02 closely as too me when I am in traffic and my Zed gets hot I dont think it sounds right. 
It dips between 500rpm & 1000rpm and can sounds a tiny bit on the size of misfiring. When you drive it, its fine. 

Anyway he said when its sat there running it does dip between running lean and okay. When its on higher revs the C02 is perfect. 

No codes showing. Only thing I can think of is bank 1 sensor was showing lean and it was leaking air along with the flexi's leaking. I have since resealed the sensor and replaced the y pipe with a stainless, and back box also has a stainless. We visually inspected the cats and they look to be in good condition. 

About 6 months ago it had OEM quality coils replaced and NGK spark plugs too. It has a K&N panel filter which is its always had init which i clean every 6months.

I have a 1500 mile trip to Ireland starting Sunday. My mechanic said its nothing to worry about at all but I am abit worried because it doesnt run lean when driving.

Anyone has similar issue? 

Thanks.

Sounds like it could be a leak from somewhere, gaskets, manifold maybe? Might explain the idle hunting as well. As long as it's not running lean when driving it'll be fine. Even if it was a touch lean when dirivng, unless you're F/I the risk to det is pretty low.