Rays Alloy wheel repair?

Jacko

Guys,

When I bought the 350z (used), I didn't notice in the excitement that the left front Rays has a light scuff on the edge caused by kerbing by previous owner.

Now obviously my dealer isn't going to want to play ball, so was wondering whether there is anything that I need to be concerned about with the Rays when I am trying to get it repaired? I know that they are forged etc, but is there anything that I need to ask the repairers to make sure that they are actually qualified to repair?

I certainly don't want a botched job at a grand a replacement wheel! :scare:

I know someone mentioned a company in Stockport that repairs wheels but can't find the thread? Anyone got any ideas of a price, for a light scrape... not too deep?

Cheers,

Mark

(ps. sorry if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure where to put it. Feel free to move.....)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=367

If it’s just the lip scuffed then it can be sanded flat, but if it’s chipped (say 4mm) its best to get it welded.

If you didn’t notice it when you purchased the car then I would say it’s just a straight forward repair.

Follow the guide as the best repair is powder coated then painted as this is the process used on the original wheels.

Also make sure they can match the colour of your other wheels or get the rear painted at the same time (one side)

Thanks 350Nismo

That was the post that I was thinking about. Will give Diamond Wheels a call as they ain't that far away......

I think its just a repair as its more of a light scrape than a chip etc.

Aren't the Rays made of something more exotic than normal? Nothing to worry about there then?

Cheers,