Tanabe Sustec PRO 5 Coilovers Install Help

GoHashiri

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Pro 5 coilovers with TEAS and have come a cropper on the install. I have installed 3 corners fine, but on the rear passanger side the lower strut bolt is seized to the bush (please see pics below). 

I realise the bush needs to be replaced. I'm going to pick-up a used pair of rear knuckles on the weekend and an wondering whether i'm going to have more luck replacing the entire knuckle or grinding the strut off and removing a used bush and installing it into my mounted knuckle. 

The fear is being unable to remove the rear axle nut which is at around 240nm.

My question also is: can i remove the knuckle without removing the driveshaft?

I'm doing this in the garage with hand tools.

I'll need help with the TEAS install later but first things first.  

S__6438923.jpg

S__6438925.jpg

A little bit of heat on the fixed nut may be enough to slacken the bolt, however the bolt may be seized on the bush sleeve, which you can easily replace if you damage it during the dismantling.

You have to remove the drive shaft to remove the knuckle, but that is not a big job.

Just remove the split pin and loosen off the drive shaft nut before you get the car in the air.

If you do not have a very powerful impact wrench and  if the nut is very tight, use a 1x metre heavy duty breaker bar and a piece of scaffolding pipe if extra tight.

It is a normal R/H thread.;)

11 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

A little bit of heat on the fixed nut may be enough to slacken the bolt, however the bolt may be seized on the bush sleeve, which you can easily replace if you damage it during the dismantling.

You have to remove the drive shaft to remove the knuckle, but that is not a big job.

Just remove the split pin and loosen off the drive shaft nut before you get the car in the air.

If you do not have a very powerful impact wrench and  if the nut is very tight, use a 1x metre heavy duty breaker bar and a piece of scaffolding pipe if extra tight.

It is a normal R/H thread.;)

The bolt is seized to the bush sleeve, unfortunately. The rubber is torn also from where it twisted with the bolt.

I'll grab the 36mm (iirc) socket this weekend and have a crack at it. Cheers for the info.

Getting the wishbone/control arm looks a pain also, with the mounts tucked so far back.