Looking for some info regarding stagger ratio for 2003 touring JDM 350z.

Reddx

Hello,

I recently purchased a 350z in what I would assume is very good condition (considering it's age, anyway).

Currently, the back tyres are 275/30/19 and the front ones are 245/35/19 which seems to be causing some issues with the traction control and the slip light coming on which disallows me to accelerate for about a second.

I was recommended to change the front ones to 245/30/19 in order to rectify that.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of an explanation of what I'm looking for in regards to stagger ratios, particularly for the z and seeing as this has been an issue I've seen pop up a few times on old posts in forums is this the best bet for me, to go out and buy two 245/30/19 in order to hope it fixes the issue? Is there a different way to go about this? Thanks in advance.

You have kind of answered it. The 245/275 combo works well and many have run it including myself but the profile ratio needs to be the same on the fronts and rears, ie 30/35/40. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, G1en@waxandshine said:

You have kind of answered it. The 245/275 combo works well and many have run it including myself but the profile ratio needs to be the same on the fronts and rears, ie 30/35/40. 

Thank you.

Seeing as the previous owner did not give me exact dates on when the tyres were purchased, should I really go out and swap all 4 at the same time (as I see recommended elsewhere) or simply swap the two front ones for now.

As he himself said the two front ones are almost brand new and the two back ones are a few months old only I would mostly likely resell the front ones and recover some of the cost.

Now you are opening the “can” and depending who you ask you will get every possible recommendation/advice/slating/verbal abuse possible. 

If all the tyres are matching, just swap the fronts like you suggest. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, G1en@waxandshine said:

If all the tyres are matching, just swap the fronts like you suggest. 

I'm afraid the front and back ones are not of the same brand/type.

Is it generally speaking, mechanically, okay to not have matching back and fronts? Or is it purely a cosmetic/"acceptable standard" thing to have all 4 be the same make/model?

Edit:

Read this 

I suppose that answers my question.

Edited by Reddx