Fans rebuilt. One burnt out???

shooze

I just rebuilt my two fans and put them back on the car. The one that was originally not working at all (passenger side) now works perfectly and spins when the AC is on and when the car gets above 95°c.

The driver's side is now not spinning at all where before I rebuilt it, it would spin slowly with help.

I turned the car off and smoke was coming from this drivers side fan.

I've taken it all apart again and found that the coil is all blackened. I can't see what was wrong with what I did inside it looks perfect.  It span fine and looks exactly the same as the other one.

There are two wiring clips I disconnected which connect to the fans and I'm wondering if I got them backwards. Does it matter which fan is plugged into which connector block and if it does which is which?! One has red and yellow wires and the other doesn't.

IMG_20190531_225210.jpg

IMG_20190531_232546.jpg

IMG_20190531_232535.jpg

Edited by shooze

From a fellow uniformed person, i would say it will matter which clip goes in each connector as the ecu will send the signal down that specific route. Eg when the aircon is turned on it send signal down that wire to turn second fan on. As for one not working, this is a guess but maybe the fans only spin one way (possibly opposite to each other?) and either you have put them back together wrong way round or because the connectors are wrong its trying to spin them backwards? Just thinking outside the box. 

There are members that will know the issue, im sure you will get to bottom of it.