ESP and Traction Control Lights Stayed On While I Was Drivin

DannyH

Hi All,

As i left work this morning everything was fine, i started up my car and all the lights came on and went off again as normal, but as i was driving i noticed that the esp light and the traction light had came up on the dash, i tryed to press the esp button to make the light go out but nothing happend. it was icy outside but didnt think that would completely disable my traction. when i got home i turned my engine off and on again and everything was fine, Any Ideas on what could have happened? (Traction/ESP Problem maybe?)

Thanks

Danny

really, i thought that it just flickered when it was in use, also when i was on my road home (very slippy), i felt that there was no traction at all, car was just spining on ice, hope this is all normal though!

thanks for the reply stew :thumbs:

Danny

Well it flickers but I THINK with prolonged periods of lost traction it stays on.

Again I THINK that when the lights come on like that the esp is disengaged.

Please feel free to correct me though, two thoughts in a row might have caused a short circuit! :blush:

lol, well that just about clears it up thanks. im going to work again tonight so will see what happens, if it happens again in the dry im guessing i have a fault somewhere. thanks again for the reply mate.

Danny