Electrics Failure

ab350z

Wierd wierd problem with the Z today I wanted to run past you guys.

Was away down to shops, got in the car and noticed the traction control and SLIP lights were on, so pushed the button to switch off and nothing happened. Then noticed no heating, electric windows or mirrors, lights or wipers were working. Managed to drive, did my shop, came back out thinking maybe it was a one off, still nothing. Main lights went on with the switch, then couldn't get them to switch off!!

Away to disconnect the battery as the lights won't switch off!

As I said in the PM Chris, it is a strange one.

Clutching at straws here but once the battery is reconnected does the ECU automatically reset? Would that even make a difference.....?????

Could it be water migrated into some box that houses switches or something?

As I said in the PM Chris, it is a strange one.

Clutching at straws here but once the battery is reconnected does the ECU automatically reset? Would that even make a difference.....?????

Could it be water migrated into some box that houses switches or something?

Sounds more like the BCM body control module as gone tits up, like i said you can only try the battery disonnect at present, but have heard of strange things happening when the battery is on its last legs.

Battery is disconnected now.

Alarm was blaring last night for a bit and its done it before when it snows. Maybe just doesnt like cold. Maybe a fuse gone?

Lights, wipers, windows and central locking gone. Mirrors, radio, alarm and displays all work! Random!

Battery is disconnected now.

Alarm was blaring last night for a bit and its done it before when it snows. Maybe just doesnt like cold. Maybe a fuse gone?

Lights, wipers, windows and central locking gone. Mirrors, radio, alarm and displays all work! Random!

Not sure bout the BCM is down in one of the footwell sides i think, any seepage of water in these areas? ;)

Just away to reconnect battery and check for leaks, nothing obvious when I got in but not the kind of thing you think to look for when popping to the shops!!

To be fair if there were any leaks they would be behind the kick panels. :thumbs:

hope you dropped your windows before disconnecting the battery :scare:

You would think if it was that important to drop your windows if you disconnect the battery, they would put up a notice by the battery. Not sure if i disconnected my earth lead when fitting grounding kit but nothing untoward happened. :blush: