Flooded engine!

Ryan-C-Z34

Right before I start I know I’ve been a spanner and it’s all my own fault lol.

So Sunday morning I managed to flood my engine. Car will crank but won’t catch and idle. Battery is fine (better than I expected to be honest). So I’ve pulled the plugs tonight and they are wet and stink of fuel so their in the bin and will get some new ones tomorrow. For now I’ve left the plug holes open (covered with some clean micro fibre cloths to stop anything falling in!) to vent over night but I still think I need to crank the engine over before I put the new plugs in as I don’t want to ruin a new set of plugs. To crank it I was going to find and pull the fuel pump relay or fuse so that I’m not adding anymore fuel to the problem, and then just turn it over on the ignition switch a couple times. But before I do this I just wanted to check if anyone can offer a helpful opinion or any advice on this and maybe answer a couple of questions I have. I don’t want to do anything that is going to make the problem worse. I know I should really try and get it in to the dealer but that’s easier said than done and last time I tried to book in with them they couldn’t get me in for 3 weeks and being without a car for that long isn’t really an option for me at the minute.

Like I said I’m just after any friendly helpful advice?

Thank you.