Quick review... 2.0 Q60 S

AMT

Ok so car was in gettin a service and I was very kindly given a 2.0 Q60 S to play about in for the day. First impressions... damn pretty car, turns heads no doubt. The interior is usual Q50 but with the different door designs it flows better. You feel you are in something special most certainly.

The seats are very comfy and supportive and the heating function works a hell of a lot quicker than the Z's lol Steering... ah.. no matter how I fiddle with the sport or dynamic settings I could not find any decent weight to the steering. The lightness is good in town but otherwise odd feeling and does not give you confidence at speed, but again if you bought it you'd get yourself used to it daily ...maybe. (tbh its more sporty drivers who will notice this).

The flappy paddle 7 speed was ok, although slow to shift in the first two gears but at speed mid-range was changing quick enough. I don't think it needs 7 tbh. The sound from the 2.0L wasn't that good. Seen some reviews saying it gives a nice snort..but I couldn't really hear anything..just the tyre noise etc. (Which for the record isnt too much a concern from me owning a Z, but the exhaust could be better). 

Speed wise I didn't really do anything (as I have to fill her back up) but its quick enough for most I would assume, it doeant feel sluggish if you're in the right gear. Suspension is a bit bumpy, quite a hard ride but its damped better than a Z so I'd take it anyday lol Fuel economy for a 2.0 in 2017... its meant to be around 41mpg...so I would expect 35 at least... nope 26-27...on a 2.0!! I hope the 3.0l's 31mpg is closer...

Overall the steering feel and economy for the 2.0L are its worst 'flaws' but most won't bother about the steering it'll be the fuel if anything. Otherwise its a damn good car and I'd happily have a 3.0 AWD...if the steering was any better. 

....and on another note the Z went through its service and got...quite a list (despite passing its MOT) of stuff that may require doing or in the near future... the Z's future may not look so bright and I'm having to mow think about downgrading (house etc)... and I'm not even remotely happy.  The costs are just getting annoying if anything with things now starting to go wrong with age.  Still works, still feels fine, goes like a train but obviously under neath things are happening.... thinking at this stage... :( (I'll maybe put a further post up in the future about this bit...hum)

20171218_092648.thumb.jpg.f3898c96d73e7d81bc52340a09a056a6.jpg

20171218_092635.jpg

20171218_092532.jpg

Edited by AMT