P0171 and P0174

lct

Hello all.

Had my 06 Z in for a service and MOT on Friday. MOT threw up an exhaust leak due to snap between mid pip and backbox, which I had repaired by a separate garage. All fine for a couple of days but haven't been far.

Got back from work today and an engine management light came on, car appears to be driving normal. Took it to the garage that serviced it and the codes on the EML were P0171 (Fuel Injection System Too Lean Bank 1) and P0174 (same but bank 2). Probably to cover his own arse he reckons the garage that sorted the exhaust will have caught a sensor when they had the exhaust off and he reset the code. I got home and searched around about the codes and am concerned that it's unlikely that they've caught a sensor because for it to throw up both codes they'd have to have caught two separate sensors, right? Annoying because I could do without the expense of investigating this right now. Is his claim credible or should I expect the EML to return? Is there anything during the service that they might have messed up on that could cause this?

Thanks, I've cleared them so will see if they return. Kind of expecting them to, can't seem to find anybody from my searching that has cleared them for them to not return but fingers crossed. I'm suspicious of the garage that serviced it mind, seems odd for this to happen right after service and when I turned up to pick the car up there was what appeared to be an apprentice of some description struggling on with changing spark plugs. Wonder if he's caught a hose or something 

Cheers alex. I plugged the car into my mate's laptop today and only the p0174 code has returned, not the other one. Will this help narrow it down or does it just open up more possibilities ha. Also when running the diagnostics the o2 sensor checks weren't completing? I've attached an image. Is this normal or could it be related to the fault code? 

diagnostics.jpg

Had the MAF off today to clean it and there was a bit of dead leaf wrapped around the wire inside! Must have got through when they changed the air filter during service. Cleaned it and the car is running loads better! Reset the EML so hopefully that's that. Keep your fingers crossed for me.