Sign in to follow this  
350zSouth West

Rough cold start

7 posts in this topic

Hiya I have not used the car for a couple of weeks due to a operation - normally it's my daily car but came to start it this morning and it sounded rough when accelerating. Then after 4 mins was ok. Not sure if there is anything to check or watch for or if it's just the cold weather.

Sorry to jump on thread but could be similar issues possibly... when it's cold and frosty in the morning and I start the beast up it really struggles to stay alive for seconds then everything is OK. Iv got a video here....thing is it never did it last year in the winter

Any thoughts i would be greatfull, hopefully could help us both out.

20171129_075015.mp4

It's not the throttle body that needs cleaning or something to do with spark plugs? Sounds similar to mine Rob. 

Edited by 350zSouth West

8 hours ago, Rob350 said:

Sorry to jump on thread but could be similar issues possibly... when it's cold and frosty in the morning and I start the beast up it really struggles to stay alive for seconds then everything is OK. Iv got a video here....thing is it never did it last year in the winter

Any thoughts i would be greatfull, hopefully could help us both out.

20171129_075015.mp4

Just been trying to research a fix - could try injector cleaners and see if this works if it's to do with fuel. Try it and see how I get on and let you know. 

On 29/11/2017 at 22:19, 350zSouth West said:

Just been trying to research a fix - could try injector cleaners and see if this works if it's to do with fuel. Try it and see how I get on and let you know. 

I filled up with some redex and has made a bit of difference. Seems to be running better

• Like 1

Might give this a go then and see what happens, mines literally only on cold start though.. :wacko:

16 hours ago, Rob350 said:

Might give this a go then and see what happens, mines literally only on cold start though.. :wacko:

16 hours ago, Rob350 said:

Mine was really throaty before when it was left up. Fingers crossed it helps you. The other things I found was spark plugs and throttle casing needing cleaning. Let me know how you get on.