Audio engineer required

Mrzapie

I need a fix for this problem please on a 2010 Roadster with Bose.

Scenario 1

Start the car, no problem with the audio - works for months.

Scenario 2

Start the car,  audio works then on a rough road surface stops working.

Scenario 3

Start the car, audio works for 10 seconds and then stops, re start the car same again, audio on then off.

A few other pointers;

Problem is prevalent after rain, no problem for 2000 miles in French sunshine.

Had a new amp and head unit fitted as the CD and aux function had failed, the same problem occurred with the old head unit and amp.

I'm guessing there's a loose connection or a bad earth somewhere, but where?

Any ideas where I can this problem fixed - willing to travel and pay!!

Cheers

Complete stab in the dark but...

There is either a loose connection somewhere which will be damn near impossible to find unless the stereo stays on but just no sound? What head unit and what amp? Do you have the original bose amp for the speakers still fitted? If that's the case it may be the bose speaker amp.

If it seems to happen when it's rained or raining then check your boot. Strip out the carpet, spare wheel and the foam supports that are in there. The fact that rain makes it play up has me wondering if you have the boot leak some people have had. Water runs down the inside of the boot and gets in by the lights..

Have a check and report back 

Thanks for your reply, I've still got the original amp and the broken head unit. The problem also occurred with the original units. The replacements are OEM.

Just to confuse the issue further, with the audio off and ignition on the speakers will occasionaly crackle really loudly. Switching on the engine a couple of times will sort this out.

The boot I hope is dry, I took out all the polystyrene packing for the tyre repair kit and re-carpeted the boot - top tip for loads more luggage space.

I think the problem could be with the Bose door speakers, some where there is a duff earth and or an errant live connection. I'm not confident taking a door apart let alone following the loom.

I might ask my local guys who fitted the Smart Top and the DRL's  to check the door speakers and the loom in the boot.

Any further thoughts or tips would be gratefully received.

Thanks.