Fitting 'Injen CAI' induction kit & changing FPR - Help!

NabMan

Hi guys, I had a questions could somebody help out.

I'm thinking of getting the 'Injen CAI' induction kit (http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Image:Injen_cai.jpg). Apparently fitting this kit will 'Eliminates Stock MAF Sensor housing'.

From past experiance i know that with other cars, if you increase the MAF housing without changing the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) you might get some engine warning lights coming up ('check engine'). Is it the same ewith the 350z? would fitting this kit also involve changing my standard FPR.

why would you want to go for the Injen? At least one owner here in the UK experienced major issues with water ingress after going into a big puddle, engine stalling etc. I didn't know this CAI eliminates the maf as well! too much of a hassle if you ask me, for what it is simple noise gains.

I went K&N Typhoon as its design is much much better imo, with a snorkel but where the filter is stil in the same place as the stock box... also no potential issues with water ingress with it, and you get to keep your MAF too!

oh and last but not least a lovely CF cover B)

why would you want to go for the Injen? At least one owner here in the UK experienced major issues with water ingress after going into a big puddle, engine stalling etc. I didn't know this CAI eliminates the maf as well! too much of a hassle if you ask me, for what it is simple noise gains.

:teeth:

It's only the fittings for the MAF that change, no size increase or shape.

No problems with engine check lights until you go :snorkel:

TBH they're not worth the hassle, I may have one for sale though minus the filter, oh it's the limited edition gunmetal version.

I have an 'injen' CAI on the way, a little concered about what you say about water ingress.

Can you get covers for the filter to stop this? If so where from and how much? Do they effect the performance?

I take it that is only if you go into water, as the filter is lower in the bumper..... :headhurt:

Im guessing all is good as long as I dont blast through any big puddles then. Might have a look and try and find a cover, for the winter if needed.

I wont be able to fit it until im back in may anyway.

I wasn't planning on going through any big puddles either :dry:

A cover will defiantly restrict air flow and IMO this car suffers enough already.

• 3 weeks later...

We sell Injen from our website.

They do come with a new air flow meter housing but do not do away with an AFM.

I read on another thread that the Nismo CAI is just a re-badged AEM one. In our experience there is no difference in quality between Injen and AEM that we could find. There *might* be a difference in the air filter between the two kits but I dont think it would be much, and I am sure K+N make the Injen filters anyway.