Radiator cap blew off and tore radiator

megramirez

Waiting in line on  a hot day to cross over from Mexico into the US, my 350Z was idling for about half an hour. Right after crossing, I was pulled aside for secondary inspection. As soon as I popped open the engine, the radiator blew and the coolant spilled all over the concrete floors. Upon inspection i noticed the cap had blown off and part of the top of the radiator tore off with it. While idling, I kept looking at the temperature gauge but it never showed that the engine was getting hot. Has this happened to anyone?

23 hours ago, megramirez said:

Waiting in line on  a hot day to cross over from Mexico into the US, my 350Z was idling for about half an hour. Right after crossing, I was pulled aside for secondary inspection. As soon as I popped open the engine, the radiator blew and the coolant spilled all over the concrete floors. Upon inspection i noticed the cap had blown off and part of the top of the radiator tore off with it. While idling, I kept looking at the temperature gauge but it never showed that the engine was getting hot. Has this happened to anyone?

Hi megramirez, we're sorry to hear this and hope you were able to make the rest of your journey safely. Are you based in the US? if so and you need help from our customer care team you can contact them on 800-647-7261 for assistance. ^Molly