Kimbolton Country Fair & Car Show - 9th July (Last minute spaces)

Lesmo

Kimbolton Country Fayre is now in it’s 26th year, a charity event for the whole family, organised by volunteers from The Rotary Club of Kimbolton Castle and The Sporting Bears Motor Club. It is held in the beautiful grounds of Kimbolton Castle in Cambridgeshire, the home of Kimbolton School.

Currently we have 8 cars attending the event - and I have spaces for a further 7 with a couple of last minute drop outs.  Anyone in Cambs, Herts or Beds - Fancy a trip out tomorrow.  Just let me know and I will PM you a ticket and information.  You would be really welcome,  Any questions I will do my best to answer them.  Its £10 per car.

Attending:

1. LESmo & Cazza - 370z Nismo
2. Jeff & Mrs Fred - 370Z GT
3. Mr & Mrs Shrekkie - 350Z GT
4. MarkJZA70 - 350Z
5. Gasitup - 350z GT4
6. John_K - 370Z
7. jr6yam & mrs - 350z
8. Misty-Ki - 370Z

sml_gallery_123_500_4777368.jpg  sml_gallery_123_500_3695826.jpg  sml_gallery_123_500_5664099.jpg

In 2016 the 25th Kimbolton Country Fayre and Classic Car show organised by the Rotary Club of Kimbolton Castle in partnership with the Sporting Bears was by any measure a great success. Over 5,000 visitors enjoyed a spectacular array of entertainment and activities including Camel Racing, the Sealed Knot, the Galaxy Swing Band, the Lindy Hoppers and of course over 900 Classic cars.

In total £18000 was raised for a range of charities including Burns Camp, Samuel Pepys School, HemiHelp, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, Ellesmere Opportunity Group, Autism Concern, Holly Ward (Hinchinbrooke Hospital), Mission Motor Sports and several other Rotary supported charities.

sml_gallery_123_500_2633544.jpg  sml_gallery_123_500_3348958.jpg  sml_gallery_123_500_2452269.jpg

New this year were model car racing and the Twinwoods Adventure Race room’s Ford Focus simulator and Knowles Dairy (a unique display of vintage dairy from 1940’s to the 1960’s).

Dream rides were more popular than ever and a flyby of a Hurricane from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight fully met expectations.

The Fayre was opened by Sir Hugh Duberly, Lord Lieutenant for Cambridgeshire and attended by both the current and last years Rotary District Governors.

Further Details on the event can be found here or on Facebook here

The 2017 Fayre will be held on the 9th of July 2017, gates open for general admission at 11.00am. Classic cars for display arrive from 9.00am. 

Edited by Lesmo