Refitting plenum spacer

kvin

I bought a 2003 DE about a year ago, having fun driving it but I'm mechanically inept. Have managed to replace the duff window motor....

The previous owner took off the plenum spacer to sell elsewhere but I got it (removed, with nuts and bolts in a box) with the car. I reckon I need to refit it.

First question is it worth doing. I've got the paperwork which shows a Horsham Developments engine upgrade package in 2012 at 48000 miles including silenced decats and intake plenum spacer kit and grounding kit. Then same year an Abbey Motorsport "Dino tune and Osiris standard" at 51500 miles.

Car now on 68000 miles or so.

So to my simple mind putting it back on may do no harm and might improve performance, but would be grateful for informed views.

And if putting it back do I need a gasket - I assume there is one and if so do I leave that on, and do I need another. Otherwise is it a case of unbolting inserting spacer and redoing with longer bolts (as well as fiddling with the bolts to alter the height of the bar that sits across the plenum....,)

(I'm hoping that replacing it will be no more fiddly than replacing that window motor....)

Don't recall having a gasket on mine, but i think the lads put a bead of silicone round it. Its quite and easy fit though, and there will be no harm fitting it. I fitted mine and am still waiting ti get it upreved and its been 3 months now

First off it's not that hard to do But you will have to completely remove the plenum as you will need spacers under the 6 centre bolts on the plenum :thumbs: also there is one stud on each side that should have been removed when original spacer was fitted the put back when removed or a bolt could have been used