Fault codes after fuel tank floater change...

Aashenfox

Hi guise,

Got my first little problem with the car that I could use some advice on please.

I just had it in to change the fuel tank level senders, aka floaters. The job's been done, the fuel gauge is working perfectly now, and there are no issues whatsoever with the way the car runs, except I now have a P0183 (high signal from fuel temp sensor) which would be expected with a fuel pump change, but should then not return after being cleared. Unfortunately, this one comes back!

The entire floater units came from a UK low mileage car and looked brand new. My old ones were dogs out of my US base model, all yellow and horrible looking. I never did get the opportunity to compare them in my hands, like for like to identify any differences, so I can't be sure they were exactly the same part. Also, at this point I'm not sure whether or not the pump was included with the floaters, but I think it was not, so let's work on that assumption (that the old pump was removed and put in the new floater unit, then refitted).

So, naturally my assumption is that they knocked a wire on the fuel temp sensor or something, but I'm struggling to understand where the actual sensor is and if it has its own connection(?) The reason I ask this is because a few online snippets say that the temp sensor is integrated with the fuel pump unit, but they might mean the whole sender as 'the fuel pump unit'. Does anyone know what this fuel temp sensor is and how it's connected? I'm decent at searching and I've looked at everythingnissan.com as well.

So the actual questions that need answering are...

1) Is there a difference between a UK DE Fuel Level Sender part and the US equivalent? Different part number?

2) Is the temperature sensor part of the sender assembly or the actual fuel pump itself?

3) In either case, does it have it's own connection or is integrated with the circuitry of the fuel pump? In other words, if the fuel is pumping, is it possible to have some other connection related issue? This would indicate the likelihood of a physical issue or the alternative, an incompatiblity.

4) Is the torque app possibly not clearing them properly and I don't REALLY have an issue? Is there a better way to clear?

I also had the base open diff changed for the viscous, and as part of this, the exhaust had to be modified. I also had DEPO headlights fitted.

The torque pro app via a V-Gate wifi OBDII adapter shows the following fault codes after a clear and a drive...

CURRENT FAULT: P3000 - Powertrain = anyone got any ideas on this?

PENDING FAULT: B0300 - Body - Again, any clues helpful...

PENDING FAULT: P0183 - Powertrain - Fuel temperature sensor A circuit high input

PENDING FAULT: P3000 - Powertrain

Obviously, I'll be booking it back in where the work was done for them to figure it out as well, but any help I can give them will be good. :) Cheers!

Edited by Aashenfox