Several test drive related questions

Goochie

Further to my Roadster test drive last week I've arranged a few hours in a coupe for this saturday, before I go there are a couple of things I wasnt sure of on the roadster and would try in the coupe if possible.

1) Can you adjust the width of the seat back bolsters? I found they were a little too tight for my broad back and would like the ability to get a little more comfortable.

2) How do you adjust the variable rev limiter? ;)

3) Anything else that you think will impress me? I'll be spending the whole time with the window down driving round looking for tunnels and bridges as it is.... oh the noise !

1) No you can't adjust the width. :sorry:

2) The Rev limiter flashing light is adjusted with the buttons on the left hand side of the main instument panel. :drive1

3) Tunnels is always a good one. Undeground Car parks is also good for sound. :thumbs: Oh and the occasional Hair and Beauty Show :p Not for me but for for what it attracts :D

1) don't think so mate seats are not adjustable width wise

2)it's not an adjustable rev limiter, it's just a shift light (ie to advise you to shift up) but it's one of the options in the computer. keep cycling through them (clock, temperature, etc etc. then adjust shift up light)

3)handling, torque, general coolness feel B):teeth:

Hmmmm.. naughty sales man told me it was an adjustable limiter - where is the limmiter set and why would you need a light when you've got such a nice rev counter and a pairs of ears ?

Seats may be a turn-off if they're not adjustable for width :( RX8 and S2000 have a little more width and felt a bit more comfortable.

Seats may be a turn-off if they're not adjustable for width :( RX8 and S2000 have a little more width and felt a bit more comfortable.

Ah yes, but look at the options...

1. RX8 - consumes oil like water, and far too common. Plus, you'll have to explain the wankel theory on a regular basis. ;)

2. S2000 revs to 27,342rpm - which will be brilliant fun for all of 4 seconds... :yawn:

Just kidding, both cool cars :thumbs:

I've found all 3 are totally different to drive, to be honest. Any of them would greta but its a damn hard decision to make.

I think Mr Nissan is keen to squeeze in a sale before month end though, hence the offer of a second extended test drive.

It would be fun to try and find the car's limit on a large roundabout at some point, I assume with the ESP on it wont allow any drifting antics? Is the ESP truely off when switched off?

The S2000 has no ESP and drifted the rear brilliantly on a roundabout. Totally controlled and great fun.

Is the "limit" easy to find on the 350Z?

It would be fun to try and find the car's limit on a large roundabout at some point, I assume with the ESP on it wont allow any drifting antics? Is the ESP truely off when switched off?

The S2000 has no ESP and drifted the rear brilliantly on a roundabout. Totally controlled and great fun.

Is the "limit" easy to find on the 350Z?

You'll find it even with ESP on if its wet enough :teeth::scare:

First part YEP. :drive1

Second part, I don't know. Only had it three months and weather hasn't permitted yet. I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer that bit though. Otherwise ask Tiff Needell. He loves it.

I assume the back can be delicately provoked with the right foot ala S2000 ?

When pushing on through winding B roads does the Z tend to understeer first ala RX8 ?

Oh yes...the back end can certainly be provoked.

I have found that the Z grips the road very well.....especially in the dry....I tend to run out of balls before the thing runs out of grip and understears.

However back end fun even with the ESP on is great, and in the wet I have had the car twitching all over the place under acceleration from a corner....(ESP advisable!)

S2000: I can't believe it's got wider seats than the Z! lots of comments about the cramped interiors on the S. No ESP=trouble in the winter. the S is notoriously "dangerous" as apparently it's not very predictable, handling wise. Personally saw one stuffed in a hedge @ the exit of a roundabout which I take at "full speed" in any weather condition with the Z... :ninja: NO TORQUE! have to rev it to death for a bit of poke.

Z: the understeering comment is only true in the wet, with the original RE040s out of a roundabout. never had it understeer anywhere else. RE040 grip very well in the dry, though.

ESP is an extra safety feature especially useful when you have to get acquainted with the car, when you turn t off you don't turn it OFF completely, but it does allow for the back end to go out of line and you can drift as much as you like.

Z is very very predictable hence why it's a favourite car for drifting :) chassis is top notch too.

True, the S2000 does have a lack of cabin space - mostly because of the huge transmission tunnel. However, the seats have a littl emore width mid-back.

Cant wait until the weekend to be honest, may well call the guy and ask if I can borrow it for this evening instead ;)